Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lady Slipper Flowers Lovely Ladies Of The Forest



One of my favorite flowers is the elusive lovely lady of the forest - the lady slipper. They are part of the orchid family and require a certain type of soil to grow. In Massachusetts they are a protected wildflower. They bloom from mid May to mid June and take many years to go from seed to mature plant. Pink lady slippers can live to be 20 years old or more. The pink lady slipper is also sometimes called the moccasin flower.

It is an exciting treat to be walking in the woods and come across these rare beauties. They come in different colors, and I have been lucky enough to photograph pink, yellow, and white ones.

I have several different images available on many products at Smilin' Eyes Treasures. If you see an image that is not yet on the product you would like, please contact me and I will be happy to create it for you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed capturing them on film.

Pink Lady Slipper And FriendWild Forest Lady SlipperWhite Lady Slipper ClutchPink Wild Lady Slipper PairWhite Lady Slippers BecomingMacro Yellow Lady SlipperPink Lady Slipper PairWhite Macro Lady SlipperFantasy Digital Art Lady SlipperWild Pink Lady SlippersVibrant Pink Lady SlipperSingle White Lady Slipper

Thanks for stopping by Smilin' Eyes Treasures


No comments:

Post a Comment